Welcom to our Blog!

Welcome to our Blog!
We're so happy to share our smiles and wags with you! Click here to 'Join This Site' . Become a member with other "Friends Of Cooper" in following his stories. Share us with your friends! We'll be happy to share our adventures and memories with ALL of you!
Check out the Blog Archives to read about our cross country motorcycle road trip from MA to CA in the summer of 2011. During that trip we attended the Annual 2011 National Women On Wheels® Ride-In in San Jose CA. Then we just rode. We traveled over 11,000 motorcycle miles in what ever direction we wanted to go for 61 days. We visited friends and family, saw the country, met some amazing people. We made memories we'll never forget. These memories are what THIS BLOG is made of! That was only the beginning. We've been traveling and riding and blogging every since then. Enjoy our stories while we make MORE memories worthy of posting here for your enjoyment.


Monday, February 21, 2011

My First Blog Post

I'm Paula and this is my dog Cooper.  We're a team.  
Everyone who meets Cooper is deeply touched by him.  The words "Everyone knows Cooper" are spoken often.  He goes through life making people smile and laugh.  I'm the lucky one who gets to go along for the ride.  I'm his Mommy, his trainer and his story teller.  I have a hundred stories to tell about Cooper that will warm your heart, draw a tear to your eye, cause you to laugh and shake your head in disbelief that a dog can have such a personality.  He truly is a unique and amazing dog. 

 We belong to Women On Wheels®, a national organization for women motorcycle enthusiasts.  I have been a member for eight years.  Cooper is my passenger.  He has ridden 20,000 motorcycle miles in his four years of life.  He's a great rider and he loves the excitement.  He can hardly contain himself when we pull into a parking lot or a meeting place where there are a lot of other bikes.  He announces us with his unmistakable excited barking.  His voice is full of energy and his barks are such that you can't tell where one woof ends and the next one begins.  He sits back on his bum on the back seat of my Gold Wing and makes a clapping motion with his front paws while he barks and barks and barks non-stop until I park the bike and people come to see him.  His curled tail wagging in true 'Cooper style'.  He has a pause in his wag, so his tail makes more of a tick-tock beat than a real wag.  We call it his 'tick-tock-tail'.  I unhook his harness so he can walk freely all over the bike, unconstrained while he visits and socializes.  He knows not to get off the bike until I say it's ok, so no need for a leash while he turns circles and greets all his Aunties and Uncles and Fans.  He is so very well loved by everyone.







Here he is sleeping in my arms after a long day at the end of a big event.  We were at the 24th Annual 2010 Women On Wheels® National Ride-In for three days in Stratton, Vermont.  This was our first Ride-In, but I'm sure it won't be our last!  We had such a great time!  Cooper became known by many of the Women On Wheels® members in attendance who now want him to come to every Ride-In from now on.  We'll see.  I think we have to take it one year at a time.  Our plan is to make it to the 2011 Ride-In that will be held in San Jose, California in July.  I'm not sure yet if we can go by bike or not.  Time constraints could be a factor that will make it impossible. We may have to go by car so we can cover more miles and travel longer days.  Either way, we fully intend to go.  We'll start out with our feet in the water at the Plymouth Rock in Plymouth MA (click - a pic for the scrap book) and when we make it to CA we will put our feet in the water there too (click - there's another one).  Many stories will be told about that. But for now, I can tell endless stories of Cooper's life in his first four years.


4 comments:

  1. Paula I love this! So many people find themselves with the ability to buy something, and you didn't. You invested in life, joy, happiness, Cooper's bliss and people's smiles. I hope you DO tell us everything about his first four years! I'm thrilled to read your words. You have a spirited, uplifting and encouraging voice. Thank you for inviting me in! Hi Cooper!! :-)
    (did he do a tick tock?!) Looking forward to more - Christina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Christina! Thank you for your interest and encouragement. Yes, of course he did a tick tock. Cooper's tail almost never stops. He has a very happy tail. It's connected to the rest of him so I'm guessing his whole body is happy, right to the tip of his nose.
    I'll look forward to your comments on other posts. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I met Cooper at this Ride-in and your story has brought my Buffy and me closer together. I am going to try to teach her to ride and not be afraid of my bike this spring so she can experience it too. My first ride on my bike I said to myself... "now I know who a dog hangs their head out the window!". I hope she takes to it like cooper did! I am looking forward to following your story.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Lisa! That's awesome that you want to try to work with Buffy! Get in touch with me so we can talk if she is afraid of the bike. I want to try to help you get her used to it if I can. It's really not that hard. Maybe you should start looking for some kind of seating and a good harness for her. Cooper didn't know fear of a bike, but our bikes weren't loud when he was a puppy either. Don't you ride one of those HARLEYS? :0D Talk to you soon!

    ReplyDelete