We lost power for about 13 hours during the blizzard. It was cold out so we knew it was going to get cold inside before too long.
Our house is set up so that we could close off the front of the house both upstairs and down, and warm the kitchen, 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms with the gas stove.
Knowing you can't just burn gas like that without carbon monoxide poison, I did what was more reasonable. I put 2 huge pots of water on the stove and brought them to a boil. With a lid on each pot, I turned both burners down to simmer and left them that way for the night.
The pots of water acted like radiators, warming the air in the kitchen. We kept the bedrooms 55º and the kitchen maybe 64º while the power was out.
We brought big chairs into the kitchen so we could hang out in there comfortably. Cooper and Gabrielle were happy with the arrangement.