Welcom to our Blog!

Welcome to our Blog!
We're so happy to share our smiles and wags with you! Click here to 'Join This Site' . Become a member with other "Friends Of Cooper" in following his stories. Share us with your friends! We'll be happy to share our adventures and memories with ALL of you!
Check out the Blog Archives to read about our cross country motorcycle road trip from MA to CA in the summer of 2011. During that trip we attended the Annual 2011 National Women On Wheels® Ride-In in San Jose CA. Then we just rode. We traveled over 11,000 motorcycle miles in what ever direction we wanted to go for 61 days. We visited friends and family, saw the country, met some amazing people. We made memories we'll never forget. These memories are what THIS BLOG is made of! That was only the beginning. We've been traveling and riding and blogging every since then. Enjoy our stories while we make MORE memories worthy of posting here for your enjoyment.


Monday, August 19, 2013

Solo Trip - Tuesday 6-25


Tuesday:  We totaled 215 miles.

Another leisure start to the day.  Hot again too.  I stopped at McDonald's to pee and grab something to eat.  Cooper drank some iced tea diluted with water while we were there.  Sometimes I need to make the water more interesting for him to drink it.  It's one of the most important things on hot days for both of us.


We rode for a few hours then stopped at a CVS to get a tooth brush and tooth paste for me.  I realized at 11 pm last night that I hadn't packed one.  I had to make due with a disposable tooth brush and scope last night and this morning.   ANYHOW... when we stopped, Cooper and I went in the store and when we were in there the sky OPED UP and started to POUR!  It lasted for about 45 seconds and then the sun came out.  Weird.  It was like a mini flash flood.  My bike was soaked.  Coopers travel crate was soaked.  Good thing I had a towel in my trunk.  All's good.  Cooper didn't mind.  It gave him reason to smell the air.


The weather was really unsettled for much of the rest of the day.  We didn't get rained on again, but the wind blew us all over the road at one point.  A couple truckers saw what was going on and they rode next to me to block the wind.  They stayed there till we got into more protected terrain where the wind was blocked by trees and such.  This isn't the first time I have had truckers to thank for my safety.


I was able to stop quickly at a Wal*Mart for something for dinner.  Yogert and fruit did the trick.  When it's as hot as it's been, you don't want anything heavy.

Check in was smooth in Lancaster, PA.  I got the bike parked, unloaded and covered up.  When I was in the room putting the things down, I looked out the window and it was pouring again.  We just missed it again... second time today!  

Our room was near the laundry room so I washed my clothes, Cooper's harness and leash, and anything that got wet yesterday.  We talked with a woman from Georgia while in the laundry room.  


Cooper enjoyed a chicken nugget in his dinner.  Then a little walk between raining heavy and raining lightly.  He was happy with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment