Welcom to our Blog!

Welcome to our Blog!
We're so happy to share our smiles and wags with you! Click here to 'Join This Site' . Become a member with other "Friends Of Cooper" in following his stories. Share us with your friends! We'll be happy to share our adventures and memories with ALL of you!
Check out the Blog Archives to read about our cross country motorcycle road trip from MA to CA in the summer of 2011. During that trip we attended the Annual 2011 National Women On Wheels® Ride-In in San Jose CA. Then we just rode. We traveled over 11,000 motorcycle miles in what ever direction we wanted to go for 61 days. We visited friends and family, saw the country, met some amazing people. We made memories we'll never forget. These memories are what THIS BLOG is made of! That was only the beginning. We've been traveling and riding and blogging every since then. Enjoy our stories while we make MORE memories worthy of posting here for your enjoyment.


Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Solo Trip - Wednesday 6-26


Wednesday:  not sure of the miles, approximately 200 I think.

The rain was coming from the West.  We were being pushed back East with no escape route.  I had been watching the weather for the first two days of the trip hoping the weather would break enough to allow us to complete the plan.  This was NOT going to happen, so today we would be heading back east.

When we were in the parking lot ready to leave, there was a woman from NC in the parking lot.  We chatted for about 45 minutes.  She has a grandson with Autism.  We had a lot of things to talk about just in talking of Cooper and her grand son.  It was a feel good moment for us and Cooper got to walk and sniff all he wanted.

At our first gas stop, I got ice and a drink.  Lots of people wanted to know all about Cooper.  One guy who came out of a neighboring store, went back in and got 2 women who came out to see Cooper. They invited us into their store, a tattoo parlor, to visit with a man in a wheel chair.  Cooper loves wheel chairs.  I think they remind him of Andy.  We stayed for over half an hour talking.  Cooper spent the whole time on the wheel chair with the man.  He laid in the man's lap happily and calmly.  What a good boy. 

After we left we were riding along when all of a sudden traffic stopped.  After a short time I turned my cb on to listen to the truckers to see what the hold up was.  It turned out it was road construction.  My bike got hot.  I tried to shut it off but we were continually rolling slowly so I needed to keep my bike under power.

After we got out of the traffic, I was riding along.  Nine miles from my exit I got vapor lock.  My bike stalled and wouldn't start again.  There wasn't much of a shoulder so I just left the bike and walked away from it so Cooper and I were safe from the traffic.

While we waited, we ate some left over stuff from the free breakfast at the hotel and had a good drink.  15 minutes later, I tried starting it again.  IT STARTED!  So we were on the road in seconds.  


We rode the 10 miles to our hotel in Fishkill NY, got the bike parked and covered and... RAIN.  We just made it AGAIN!  



Pizza delivery for dinner with plenty left over for all day tomorrow.  After dinner the rain had stopped for a short time.















Cooper went out and walked all the way around the hotel sniffing and doing 'his business'.
















He got all wet from the grass. With the wet and the road grime, he needed a bath before I could allow him on the white bed, so... BATH TIME. 


He enjoyed his bath a lot.  He loves water.  I dried him with a towel as much as I could, and he fell asleep on the couch.  What a full day.




No comments:

Post a Comment