Welcom to our Blog!

Welcome to our Blog!
We're so happy to share our smiles and wags with you! Click here to 'Join This Site' . Become a member with other "Friends Of Cooper" in following his stories. Share us with your friends! We'll be happy to share our adventures and memories with ALL of you!
Check out the Blog Archives to read about our cross country motorcycle road trip from MA to CA in the summer of 2011. During that trip we attended the Annual 2011 National Women On Wheels® Ride-In in San Jose CA. Then we just rode. We traveled over 11,000 motorcycle miles in what ever direction we wanted to go for 61 days. We visited friends and family, saw the country, met some amazing people. We made memories we'll never forget. These memories are what THIS BLOG is made of! That was only the beginning. We've been traveling and riding and blogging every since then. Enjoy our stories while we make MORE memories worthy of posting here for your enjoyment.


Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Riding On Daddy's Bike!

Cooper has only EVER ridden with me.  I have never put him on anyone else's bike.  Until...  

On Sunday, I took Logan on my bike to go for ice cream a few miles away.  I had Cooper in front of me on the way there.  He was ok, but with my grand son on the back, I would rather not worry about Cooper's behaviors.  I knew he would bark his head off the whole time if I put him in another vehicle, so I rode with Cooper in front and Logan on the back seat.  

It was fine but when we pulled into the parking lot and there were other dogs there and he had to bark and greet them.  He was up on his feet and all excited.  When I stopped the bike he fell off and dangled from his harness where he was tethered to a leash tied around my waist.  No big deal really.  I had to just let him fall knowing he would dangle by my thigh until I parked the bike and picked him back up.  With a seven year old on the back, I'm not too worried about Cooper's poor decision until I safely parked the bike.

We had a big convoy of ice creamers with us and we were in the lead.  All the others were in three cars who followed along.  We all had our ice cream while sitting at picnic tables at one of our favorite ice cream places that has been around since I was little. Jesse came along to ride home with us.  THIS is when I decided to try putting Cooper on Jesse's bike with him.  I figured he would be ok if we rode together.  I tied the leash around Jesse's waist and Cooper sat in front of him as he would have with me.  The look on his face wasn't good.  He was very confused and a little upset.

I wish these pictures weren't so BLURY!

sitting 

lots of wind here

Looking back from under Jesse's right arm
We got underway figuring this would calm him down.  With me in the lead, we thought he would be ok since he could see me.  Wrong... he barked like crazy!  So Jesse passed me and rode ahead of me.  Cooper looked back at me.  A bit unhappy still.  Jesse pulled way ahead of me.  Later he said that was better for Cooper.  He was better when I wasn't near.  I really thought he would be fine, but it appears he's not happy to ride with me unless he's on MY BIKE.  Hmmm... is he spoiled? set in his ways? creature of habit? A MAMA'S BOY?!?!

1 comment:

  1. he's totally a mama's boy! Any photo on a bike is hard to shoot I'd guess - great job!

    ReplyDelete