Welcom to our Blog!

Welcome to our Blog!
We're so happy to share our smiles and wags with you! Click here to 'Join This Site' . Become a member with other "Friends Of Cooper" in following his stories. Share us with your friends! We'll be happy to share our adventures and memories with ALL of you!
Check out the Blog Archives to read about our cross country motorcycle road trip from MA to CA in the summer of 2011. During that trip we attended the Annual 2011 National Women On Wheels® Ride-In in San Jose CA. Then we just rode. We traveled over 11,000 motorcycle miles in what ever direction we wanted to go for 61 days. We visited friends and family, saw the country, met some amazing people. We made memories we'll never forget. These memories are what THIS BLOG is made of! That was only the beginning. We've been traveling and riding and blogging every since then. Enjoy our stories while we make MORE memories worthy of posting here for your enjoyment.


Saturday, November 19, 2011

A Bath In The Kitchen Sink




Cooper needed a bath again.  It's been really hard to bring him in the shower with me now because all we have is a little shower stall.  He doesn't like it because he can't get out of the 'rain' no matter where he stands.  I don't like it because I can't direct the water to where it needs to spray to get all the soap off him without drenching his face and getting water in his nose.


I decided that trying to bathe him in the sink would be a good thing.  He's big for the sink but I would have a lot better control on where the spray was going.  He was really very good about it.  He's had sink baths before.  He didn't really like it as much as he tolerated our big shower from our old house, but he did well.  


The one thing I forgot when I decided to bathe him in the sink was...  the 'After Bath Shake'.   I had to think quick before I could allow him to shake off after his bath.  I didn't want my kitchen to get soaked.  I grabbed Cooper fast and carried him, dripping, into the bathroom.  I put him in the shower and closed the curtain and told him to shake.  (He does this on command)  I had him shake a few times then wrapped him in a towel for a few minutes.  


Success!  A sink bath and no mess!  I'm so glad he's a cooperative boy.

1 comment:

  1. I have to tell you: I laughed out loud!
    Love this - gosh, he is so good for you. . .incredible, I know I say it all the time, but he never ceases to amaze me!

    ReplyDelete