Welcom to our Blog!

Welcome to our Blog!
We're so happy to share our smiles and wags with you! Click here to 'Join This Site' . Become a member with other "Friends Of Cooper" in following his stories. Share us with your friends! We'll be happy to share our adventures and memories with ALL of you!
Check out the Blog Archives to read about our cross country motorcycle road trip from MA to CA in the summer of 2011. During that trip we attended the Annual 2011 National Women On Wheels® Ride-In in San Jose CA. Then we just rode. We traveled over 11,000 motorcycle miles in what ever direction we wanted to go for 61 days. We visited friends and family, saw the country, met some amazing people. We made memories we'll never forget. These memories are what THIS BLOG is made of! That was only the beginning. We've been traveling and riding and blogging every since then. Enjoy our stories while we make MORE memories worthy of posting here for your enjoyment.


Saturday, November 26, 2011

Cooper's New Thunder Shirt

For Cooper's 5th birthday he got a 'Thunder Shirt'.  This shirt was designed to calm nervous reactions in dogs.  I know most people think Cooper is the most well adjusted dog around but it's not true.  He is a VERY nervous boy in the car.  Unfortunately I kind of traumatized him when he was little by leaving him in the car alone when I brought Andy shopping in Wal*Mart.  This resulted in Cooper becoming a very nervous car passenger almost right away.  The damage was done before I realized what I was doing to him.  I really think I need the Dog Whisper's help, but since that probably won't happen, I just did my best in dealing with it while trying not to make him worse.

A couple of months ago I heard about this shirt that puts pressure on the dog's torso.  I know this to work well with people with Autism, so I understand the concept.  I tried my own little experiment in the car and it seemed to help a little, so I decided I would get one of the shirts for Cooper.

I looked at the local pet store where I get Cooper's food.  They carried them but were out of his size so I ordered one for him.  When I got the call that Cooper's shirt came in, I stopped on the way to Andy's to pick it up.  I put the shirt on him before we left the parking lot.  There was an immediate improvement, though not drastic.  Each time I use it now he becomes calmer more quickly than the time before.  He actually will lay down on the seat now when he would NEVER do that before.  So far I recommend this shirt for dogs with nervous habits.  Take a look at the web site.  It shows video of other dogs who have also benefitted from this shirt.







1 comment: