Welcom to our Blog!

Welcome to our Blog!
We're so happy to share our smiles and wags with you! Click here to 'Join This Site' . Become a member with other "Friends Of Cooper" in following his stories. Share us with your friends! We'll be happy to share our adventures and memories with ALL of you!
Check out the Blog Archives to read about our cross country motorcycle road trip from MA to CA in the summer of 2011. During that trip we attended the Annual 2011 National Women On Wheels® Ride-In in San Jose CA. Then we just rode. We traveled over 11,000 motorcycle miles in what ever direction we wanted to go for 61 days. We visited friends and family, saw the country, met some amazing people. We made memories we'll never forget. These memories are what THIS BLOG is made of! That was only the beginning. We've been traveling and riding and blogging every since then. Enjoy our stories while we make MORE memories worthy of posting here for your enjoyment.


Sunday, November 6, 2011

Benefit ride with LOTS to SEE... unexpected twist - Part 4

Continuing from yesterday...


What a beautiful day and a wonderful ride until... 


I made the mistake of pulling off the road when my daughter and her boyfriend pulled off.  She didn't feel good at all and needed to get off the bike.  

I hit sand and went down FAST!  I hit my head (helmet) hard enough to almost loose consciousness.  I don't know how Cooper was spared from having any injury, but he was completely unharmed.  He was wearing his harness and was seat belted to the bike.  He must not have hit ground or any hard surface because he didn't have a single hint of injury or soreness.

My memory is a little fuzzy with the sequence of events for the next ten minutes or so.  I was really dazed.  I remember crawling back to my bike as soon as we stopped moving, but I don't remember seeing Cooper.  He was there, sitting on the ground, still seat belted to the bike from what I'm told, but I forgot he had been with me.  I'm not sure if I even opened my eyes.  I crawled back to my bike.  Sitting on the ground, I leaned against the seat of my bike.  

Help was there immediately since I was in the middle of a bunch of bikes.  A person who identified himself as an off duty EMT checked me over.  All I remember saying is, "I hit my head."  I think my speech was slurred because they didn't seem to understand what I was saying.

When I gained consciousness enough to talk better (still not remembering about Cooper) they told me they would have to move me because my bike was leaking gas.  They helped me stand and then laid me down next to the road.  At that point is when I saw Cooper.  He was in my daughter's arms I think.  I asked if he was ok.

From that point on, Cooper was allowed to get down and he laid with me on the ground.  We waited for the ambulance, they put me on a back board, helmet and all.  Cooper had to be held by Shannon again while they loaded me in the ambulance.  When he came in the ambulance he laid with me again and stayed with me all the way to the hospital.


To Be Continued ONE MORE TIME...

No comments:

Post a Comment