Welcom to our Blog!

Welcome to our Blog!
We're so happy to share our smiles and wags with you! Click here to 'Join This Site' . Become a member with other "Friends Of Cooper" in following his stories. Share us with your friends! We'll be happy to share our adventures and memories with ALL of you!
Check out the Blog Archives to read about our cross country motorcycle road trip from MA to CA in the summer of 2011. During that trip we attended the Annual 2011 National Women On Wheels® Ride-In in San Jose CA. Then we just rode. We traveled over 11,000 motorcycle miles in what ever direction we wanted to go for 61 days. We visited friends and family, saw the country, met some amazing people. We made memories we'll never forget. These memories are what THIS BLOG is made of! That was only the beginning. We've been traveling and riding and blogging every since then. Enjoy our stories while we make MORE memories worthy of posting here for your enjoyment.


Monday, April 25, 2011

First BLUE DOO of the season!

I've been waiting to do Cooper's hair in blue again since last fall.  When his hair grew out for the winter I stopped coloring it because it would have been WAY too hard to keep up with.



Today we did a lot of work in the yard, cleaned out the shed and the barn to get ready to sell the house.  Cooper had a great time 'helping' with all the work.  He was filthy at the end of the day and needed a shower, so I decided to do his hair too!  




He sat with me for half an hour while I colored his hair.  He doesn't mind the sitting still part.  He just snuggled and waited till the next step.  THE SHOWER!  


Since I was filthy from all our work too, we showered together.  First I sat in the shower and laid him on his back on my lap so I could wash the blue out without getting it all over his face.  Then I sat him on the bench so I could wash the rest of him.  He's so good while I shower.  He  will sit on the bench while I finish showering, then I rinse the conditioner through my hair and all over him so he gets a diluted conditioner rinse.  He just waited till I was done with my shower, dried off, got my robe on and then picked him up with towels wrapped around him so I could keep him from dripping all over the place.  


I rubbed him with the towels a bit and held him for about five minutes so he's not quite so wet.  I lay a big towel on the floor and put him down.  He rolls all over the towel for a few minutes rubbing his face and wiggling all over on his back trying to rub the water off.  THEN HE RUNS!!!!  And Runs, and runs, and runs all over the house like a maniac.  He's so funny!


Once he gets all that out of his system, he's done and konks out for quite a while.  He's very cute, and seems to feel GREAT when he's clean.



Each Blue Doo will last about 3 weeks.  I redo it about every month or so.  I don't like to do it too often.  I think if I did Cooper would learn to hate it.  It's fun to do but not too often.



No comments:

Post a Comment