Welcom to our Blog!

Welcome to our Blog!
We're so happy to share our smiles and wags with you! Click here to 'Join This Site' . Become a member with other "Friends Of Cooper" in following his stories. Share us with your friends! We'll be happy to share our adventures and memories with ALL of you!
Check out the Blog Archives to read about our cross country motorcycle road trip from MA to CA in the summer of 2011. During that trip we attended the Annual 2011 National Women On Wheels® Ride-In in San Jose CA. Then we just rode. We traveled over 11,000 motorcycle miles in what ever direction we wanted to go for 61 days. We visited friends and family, saw the country, met some amazing people. We made memories we'll never forget. These memories are what THIS BLOG is made of! That was only the beginning. We've been traveling and riding and blogging every since then. Enjoy our stories while we make MORE memories worthy of posting here for your enjoyment.


Monday, April 18, 2011

Update On Cooper's Grooming

Little by little I've trimmed away stray hair I missed during the first cut.  I've trimmed the hair between his toes.  With Cooper's hair, cutting with scissors is a long process but it comes out great.


I plucked his ears and still have to clean his ears with a solution.  I don't do both in the same day because the solution will probably sting if I do it the same day I pluck the hair out.


I've trimmed his nails too.  This isn't one of his favorite activities, but we get through it.  As long as I don't restrain him he can manage to sit still during the ritual.  If I hold him still and don't allow him to wiggle or move, he really gets upset.  Dogs don't like to feel trapped.  I could expect him to sit unaided and comply with what I want him to do, or I can restrain him.  This would result in having to wrestle with him through the whole thing and have a real chance that i might cut his nails too short.  I learned very quickly that he's happier and more willing to allow this procedure if I ease up and do it without the struggle.  All I had to do is teach him not to pull back.  He learned to allow and continues to do very well.


After his ears get washed with the solution, I'll give him a couple of days for the solution to drain out, then I will Color his hair blue and give him a shower.  Then he'll be done!  

3 comments:

  1. Paula I wish my dog could do about half the things Cooper can do! It takes hours to cut her hair, and making it "just right" is out of the question. Cooper would be a great trainer for her. . .if only I could teach her to read!
    I love how he's looking right at the camera like, "Hello everyone!" Priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's been so frequently photographed for his whole life. He was taught early to look at the camera until he was told he could move. It trained him to do this naturally. When he sees a camera, sometimes he stops everything and looks. I swear he would say "CHEESE" if he could.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What's up it's me, I am also visiting this web page on a regular basis, this website is in fact good and the users are truly sharing
    good thoughts.
    Also visit my website website

    ReplyDelete