Welcom to our Blog!

Welcome to our Blog!
We're so happy to share our smiles and wags with you! Click here to 'Join This Site' . Become a member with other "Friends Of Cooper" in following his stories. Share us with your friends! We'll be happy to share our adventures and memories with ALL of you!
Check out the Blog Archives to read about our cross country motorcycle road trip from MA to CA in the summer of 2011. During that trip we attended the Annual 2011 National Women On Wheels® Ride-In in San Jose CA. Then we just rode. We traveled over 11,000 motorcycle miles in what ever direction we wanted to go for 61 days. We visited friends and family, saw the country, met some amazing people. We made memories we'll never forget. These memories are what THIS BLOG is made of! That was only the beginning. We've been traveling and riding and blogging every since then. Enjoy our stories while we make MORE memories worthy of posting here for your enjoyment.


Friday, July 15, 2011

July 3 - Part 3 - Two cool videos

Before we got on the road again, I took Cooper to pee again.  We went off the parking lot to the dirt.  I wanted to feel the bushes and the dirt.  Cooper didn't like the prickly bushes.  This video is great to watch.  I had only been interested in watching Cooper, but I was able to get a train from beginning to end.  These trains ran ALL DAY like this.  It's amazing to me how many cars they pull with each train and we would see probably between 6 and 10 trains like this every day.  I haven't counted the cars on this one yet but we did count over 80 on some of the trains.  Such a busy industry.


We finally got under way again but because of the high winds and storm that seemed to still be coming, we had to pull off again.  This time we pulled into a rest area where others had pulled off too.  There was a couple riding a GoldWing and towing a trailer, then 4 men rode in on Victorys!  Three were Victory Visions!  I went right to them and told them they were riding my dream bike.  One of the men saw that we were from MA and asked where we were from.  When I told him, he laughed and said he had grown up in the same town.  Now he lives about 20 minutes from there.  It's AMAZING to me that we keep bumping into people who live where we live ALL THE WAY in ARIZONA of all places!  We talked for a short time and they decided to continue on. 


We stayed for a short time longer and decided to press on also.  Before we got a couple miles away I heard the emergency broadcast on the radio saying there was a dangerous storm in the area.  It's location was behind us going away, so we just continued on.  It just missed us!  We got only about 300 drops of rain on us from that storm.  Not bad considering we could have been WASHED.  We drove through places where the ground was wet, and the temp dropped about 30*.  Much nicer riding at that point.  Cooper actually got chilly.  I was able to get his crate shut and he popped his head through the top and kept himself quite comfortable.


We found a great little motel during a power outage.   We wouldn't have even stopped but Jesse saw one of the owners walking outside.  Jesse pulled in and we got ourselves settled in.  Just before we left the office the power came back on.  Good deal if you ask me.  It was such a long day for me.  I was falling asleep downloading pictures to my computer and stuff like that.

Total miles for today was 340 miles.  Good travel time for such an eventful day with so many stops.

2 comments:

  1. What a long day!!! Wow-Cooper and you two never cease to amaze me. I am so happy to hear you missed the storm-that was a lot of miles to get in.
    I hope your sleep was incredible, too. Sounds like one of those really, really goo tired night feelings. Lots of Bliss your way!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE how he is barking in the wind! Had to come back and watch this one again- such a dear soul - he cheers me up every single time I watch him. SOOOOO glad I get to see these, Paula Jean.

    ReplyDelete