Welcom to our Blog!

Welcome to our Blog!
We're so happy to share our smiles and wags with you! Click here to 'Join This Site' . Become a member with other "Friends Of Cooper" in following his stories. Share us with your friends! We'll be happy to share our adventures and memories with ALL of you!
Check out the Blog Archives to read about our cross country motorcycle road trip from MA to CA in the summer of 2011. During that trip we attended the Annual 2011 National Women On Wheels® Ride-In in San Jose CA. Then we just rode. We traveled over 11,000 motorcycle miles in what ever direction we wanted to go for 61 days. We visited friends and family, saw the country, met some amazing people. We made memories we'll never forget. These memories are what THIS BLOG is made of! That was only the beginning. We've been traveling and riding and blogging every since then. Enjoy our stories while we make MORE memories worthy of posting here for your enjoyment.


Friday, July 1, 2011

Message to Teachers and Students 2010-2011

I want to take time to welcome the staff and students from the middle school I worked in for the school year of 2010-2011.  It was a GREAT year of learning for me thanks to 'My Boys', who I served as aid to, and their classmates and teachers.  I met so many good people.


The two students I call 'My Boys' are such great kids!  I really learned a lot about myself because of them. (isn't it supposed to be the other way around) They have such strengths that just BLOW ME AWAY!  I'm so happy to have been able to work with them this year.  A special "HELLO!" to them.  I hope you read this blog as part of your summer reading.  I owe a lot of my personal growth to both of you.  

I have to give credit here where credit is due.  Part of my inspiration to write again was sparked by sitting in English class with 'My Boys'.  It had been my favorite class when I was in school, and here it had become a favorite all over again.  Their teacher molded her seventh grade classes from the first day they entered her room, though I don't think they knew it.  She tapped into their creativity and caused them, and me, to become more creative than they thought to put forth on their own.  I won't name names here without permission, but I hope she and the students of that class introduce themselves in the comment section of this entry.

The other classes, teachers and classmates of our scheduled day were a blend of people and life's lessons for 'My Boys' and me.  I found myself wanting to chat and learn about so many of the kids, but it was hard to do without getting in trouble for talking in class.  :0/

When I got my cards introducing my blog, I was given permission by school administration to give them to students if they were interested.  I gave them out with a smile to those who asked with hopes that the word would spread and kids would follow my travels across the USA.  











I feel like I made friends with so many of the staff (please stay in touch), and a couple of students... one student in particular could be ME when I was that age.  

I hope you all have a great summer, stay out of trouble (that goes for teachers too!)  I'll think of you all while I'm traveling.


1 comment: