Welcom to our Blog!

Welcome to our Blog!
We're so happy to share our smiles and wags with you! Click here to 'Join This Site' . Become a member with other "Friends Of Cooper" in following his stories. Share us with your friends! We'll be happy to share our adventures and memories with ALL of you!
Check out the Blog Archives to read about our cross country motorcycle road trip from MA to CA in the summer of 2011. During that trip we attended the Annual 2011 National Women On Wheels® Ride-In in San Jose CA. Then we just rode. We traveled over 11,000 motorcycle miles in what ever direction we wanted to go for 61 days. We visited friends and family, saw the country, met some amazing people. We made memories we'll never forget. These memories are what THIS BLOG is made of! That was only the beginning. We've been traveling and riding and blogging every since then. Enjoy our stories while we make MORE memories worthy of posting here for your enjoyment.


Friday, July 8, 2011

June 29 - My BIRTHDAY!!!!

June 29th was my birthday!  We always get a bit of a late start in the mornings because I'm not a morning person, but this morning was extra late because I had to find the birthday card my mother gave me so I could open it.  I knew where it was, it was just a matter of me digging it out.  I read the card then put it in my tank bag so I could see it all day.  I called my mom and we talked for a few minutes before I had to get started with some serious packing.  

My Birthday card from my Mom
Cooper watched us from the door as we carried things out to load the bikes.  He's very good about just doing what he's supposed to do when we're really busy.  Once the bikes were packed we let him come out too because now we could watch him.  The area where we were was kind of an alley way, so there were no woods to poop in... NOPE - he found a pile of sand on the tar that had collected next to the side walk and pooped on that.  He looked at me as if he thought he had done something wrong.  I assured him he was a good boy. 



We had lunch at Denny's in Kentucky where we ordered TOO MUCH to eat and topped that off with chocolate cake and ice cream with two spoons.  YUMMY!  Megan, our waitress sang Happy Birthday to me.  Cooper looked up from his nap with mild curiosity to see what all the commotion was about.  

My Birthday cake and ice cream with 2 spoons

Usually when he thinks there is ice cream to be had he's very interested because we always give him some too.  Unfortunately this is not allowed in a restaurant and he knows it. So he napped then got some of my ham and egg sandwich when we got outside.

We got caught in rush hour traffic in the afternoon, so we pulled off the highway into a parking lot next to some shaded grass.  I spread my coat on the ground and laid down.  Cooper came running and jumped on my stomach and laid on me.  He had been waiting for some attention like this.  We snuggled for a while, then took a walk through a pet store before we got back on the road.

He couldn't wait to snuggle

This is what he looked like to me sitting on my chest

Laying on the ground under a nice shade tree with a gentle breeze...

We rode 398 miles today.  A respectable total I think.

2 comments:

  1. I love the pictures today. I sure miss you and envy you all at the same time. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at that cutie!
    Happy Birthday!!!!
    II hope the rest of the ride has been amazing, Paula Jean - you are incredible, all of you!

    ReplyDelete