Welcom to our Blog!

Welcome to our Blog!
We're so happy to share our smiles and wags with you! Click here to 'Join This Site' . Become a member with other "Friends Of Cooper" in following his stories. Share us with your friends! We'll be happy to share our adventures and memories with ALL of you!
Check out the Blog Archives to read about our cross country motorcycle road trip from MA to CA in the summer of 2011. During that trip we attended the Annual 2011 National Women On Wheels® Ride-In in San Jose CA. Then we just rode. We traveled over 11,000 motorcycle miles in what ever direction we wanted to go for 61 days. We visited friends and family, saw the country, met some amazing people. We made memories we'll never forget. These memories are what THIS BLOG is made of! That was only the beginning. We've been traveling and riding and blogging every since then. Enjoy our stories while we make MORE memories worthy of posting here for your enjoyment.


Tuesday, July 5, 2011

June 27 - Meeting Becky Blanton

In the motel room, Cooper was thrilled to see a BED 
after only one night of camping


Cooper loves it when I scrub him.  It seems to never matter where we are, he burries his head in my stomach and says, "Mama" over and over again.  That means he wants me to scrub him.  So I did, even though I'm not a morning parson and it was only moments after I opened my eyes for the day.  


It takes time getting motivated to ride.  Shower, eat breakfast, etc.  Cooper is good with the routine.  He seems really to have adjusted perfectly to the idea of traveling. 

Much of the day was spent in parking lots talking to people about fixing Jesse's bike.  Cooper enjoyed the time off the bikes smelling and peeing and smelling some more.  We made very little progress in the area of repairs, but Cooper peed a lot!

We did meet a bus load of elderly folks coming off a tour bus.  Many of them got to greet Cooper.  We passed out a bunch of cards.  I can't wait to see who writes from that group.

We made it to Becky's in time to have pizza with her.  We put our bikes into a storage unit for the night.  Koko and Cooper seemed to like each other just fine.  















Cooper finally got his new weather proof travel crate.  I had it shipped to Becky because I didn't want to not get it in time for our trip.  I knew if I had them ship it to Becky we would have it for all but the first few days of our trip.


Becky and her neighbor took pictures of us on our bike as we arrived AND as we left, but I'm never good at remembering to take them.  


Slept a lot at Becky's because of all the traveling.  



It was a great visit! I would have loved to visit for a week and really get to know her, but we'll be back I think.  Maybe next year Becky will come with us if we can do this again.  Cooper would love a Koko companion for a while. 



2 comments:

  1. I didn't show Buffy this one, I didn't want her to get jealous! Koko looks like a real love bug though! Cooper looks like he is liking the carrier. Buffy loves hers. We went out for another ride tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He looks so cute in his travel crate! I had no idea they made those - absolutely genius!

    ReplyDelete