Welcom to our Blog!

Welcome to our Blog!
We're so happy to share our smiles and wags with you! Click here to 'Join This Site' . Become a member with other "Friends Of Cooper" in following his stories. Share us with your friends! We'll be happy to share our adventures and memories with ALL of you!
Check out the Blog Archives to read about our cross country motorcycle road trip from MA to CA in the summer of 2011. During that trip we attended the Annual 2011 National Women On Wheels® Ride-In in San Jose CA. Then we just rode. We traveled over 11,000 motorcycle miles in what ever direction we wanted to go for 61 days. We visited friends and family, saw the country, met some amazing people. We made memories we'll never forget. These memories are what THIS BLOG is made of! That was only the beginning. We've been traveling and riding and blogging every since then. Enjoy our stories while we make MORE memories worthy of posting here for your enjoyment.


Thursday, March 24, 2011

Laconia Bike Week

Cooper has been to Laconia Bike Week twice so far.  He doesn't mind the crowds much at all.  He has become so accustomed to busy hustle and bustle on occasion that it's natural for him to walk close to me to avoid being stepped on.


While in Laconia, walking along the vendors can become so congested with people that there really is no where to move.  In this case I carry Cooper so he's safe from that dozens of motorcycle boots coming his way.  You can actually see the relief in this posture when I pick him up.

I usually carry him until I step into a vendor tent.  I put him down when we're inside so he can walk and stretch his legs a little.  Since all the tents are set up outside, I have to make sure he doesn't try to pee on anything.  I have caught him taking the posture as if he was going to lift his leg.  This is one of the downfalls of having a male dog.

He sure gets a lot of attention when he's at a bike show.  I don't get to browse as much as I would like to because people always want to pat him and ask questions about him.  Once they find out he rides, the conversations could go on for ever.  One person hears and joins the discussion, and before you know it Cooper has had his picture taken a dozen times and has performed a multitude of various tricks for his audience.  He loves when people clap for him.

One time I was enjoying a shopping experience in one of the vendor tents.  I didn't have a crowd around me, so Cooper and I were moving slowly between displays from front to back of the tent.  At one point when I was looking at something I might buy, Cooper was standing there looking out into the crowd.  I felt a little tug on Cooper's leash that was tied to my belt loop.  This isn't unusual once he becomes interested in things often and pulls on me (bad habit), but this time was different.  About five seconds after he tugged and I corrected him, I heard a voice coming from the direction of the tug saying, "Look! There's Cooper!"  He must have spotted one of his Aunties before she spotted him.  It was one of the women from our group New England Thunder.  She came to us and we got to talk for a while.  It was a lot of fun bumping into a friend so far from home.  It seems that Cooper has a real knack for finding the people he knows.


Cooper and his Auntie Jess.
The Aunite from Laconia.



No comments:

Post a Comment