Welcom to our Blog!

Welcome to our Blog!
We're so happy to share our smiles and wags with you! Click here to 'Join This Site' . Become a member with other "Friends Of Cooper" in following his stories. Share us with your friends! We'll be happy to share our adventures and memories with ALL of you!
Check out the Blog Archives to read about our cross country motorcycle road trip from MA to CA in the summer of 2011. During that trip we attended the Annual 2011 National Women On Wheels® Ride-In in San Jose CA. Then we just rode. We traveled over 11,000 motorcycle miles in what ever direction we wanted to go for 61 days. We visited friends and family, saw the country, met some amazing people. We made memories we'll never forget. These memories are what THIS BLOG is made of! That was only the beginning. We've been traveling and riding and blogging every since then. Enjoy our stories while we make MORE memories worthy of posting here for your enjoyment.


Thursday, March 17, 2011

Quandary

As brave and inquisitive as Cooper usually is, he’s really quite a ‘chicken’ at heart.  He is cautious and untrusting sometimes.  I’m there much of the time, but while I’m at work Cooper stays home with my brother, David.  They play and hang out.  Cooper has it good.  He is seldom left home alone.


Over the past couple of months Cooper has been trying to become acquainted with David’s bird Sam.  Sam has the freedom to fly around David’s room most of the time.  Cooper is allowed to be with Sam during the day whenever they are in the room.  David told me that Sam trusts Cooper more than Cooper trusts Sam.  David has been trying to get Cooper to allow Sam to touch him and though Cooper seems to really want to play, he doesn’t trust Sam enough to get that close yet. 


The unfortunate thing is that I could get Cooper to allow Sam close to him, but Sam won’t come near when I’m there because Sam doesn’t trust me.  So, we are in a quandary.  Cooper needs me to help to learn to allow and be more comfortable with Sam.  Sam won’t come close if I’m near Cooper.  Cooper doesn’t trust David enough to feel comfortable and trusting of his coaxing and encouraging.


So here we are, stuck in our quandary.  Cooper and Sam get about eight inches from each other on their own.  Sam wants to preen Cooper but Cooper doesn’t understand that behavior.  I have a feeling I’ll know the moment they make contact.  David has been working so hard to get them to touch that I think he’ll call me as soon as it happens.  I don’t know who will be more excited about it, Cooper, Sam or David.

No comments:

Post a Comment