Welcom to our Blog!

Welcome to our Blog!
We're so happy to share our smiles and wags with you! Click here to 'Join This Site' . Become a member with other "Friends Of Cooper" in following his stories. Share us with your friends! We'll be happy to share our adventures and memories with ALL of you!
Check out the Blog Archives to read about our cross country motorcycle road trip from MA to CA in the summer of 2011. During that trip we attended the Annual 2011 National Women On Wheels® Ride-In in San Jose CA. Then we just rode. We traveled over 11,000 motorcycle miles in what ever direction we wanted to go for 61 days. We visited friends and family, saw the country, met some amazing people. We made memories we'll never forget. These memories are what THIS BLOG is made of! That was only the beginning. We've been traveling and riding and blogging every since then. Enjoy our stories while we make MORE memories worthy of posting here for your enjoyment.


Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Loves To Be The Baby

I've been thinking since Monday's post. People sometimes think I encourage Cooper to act more like a person or a baby than is natural for a dog. I find my self trying to defend myself in saying things like, 'he likes it', or 'that's what he wanted'. Sometimes he does things people would never believe until they saw it with their own eyes. Here are some of the things I can tell you about. As I remember things, I'm going to try to find some pictures to prove that it isn't me that's crazy.

Here goes...

When babies visit, Cooper smells them right away. He watches over them very closely. He becomes very attentive when the baby is upset. He also likes to lay where they have been. This includes a baby seat, car seat, blanket on the floor, between pillows on the bed, anywhere you lift a baby from, Cooper then goes to take that baby's place. For example, my niece came over with her daughter and put her in a bouncy seat. When we lifted the baby from the bouncy seat, Cooper immediately climbed in. He likes to lay where the baby was. He waited, watching us to tell him when we were putting the baby back in the seat. He was so cute with his head down just looking at us.









Another day, only a few months ago, I was playing with my little grand son Benjamin. I have a huge Vera Bradley bag I use for work. When I get home from work I put all my stuff away which leaves the bag big and empty. I put Benjamin in the bag and let him play in it, then I used it like a swing for him. He really enjoyed it a lot. When Benjamin had lost interest in the bag we moved on to something else. Cooper climbed in the bag and laid down. And what's even funnier is, now when Cooper and I go to Andy's house and I take my stuff out of the bag there, Cooper climbs in. Sometimes he just stands in it waiting for me to finish making room in it for him. So cute!



























In the summer, my grand children sometimes come for the day and we take the baby pool out. Cooper is almost always the first one in the water. He loves it when 'the kids' (including him) get to play in the water. He plays so well with the kids too. He isn't really pushy. If the kids reach for a toy he wanted to get, he watches and waits for them to be done with it before he goes for it.

































One day I had propped one of the babies in my big round chair. Cooper thought there would be enough room for them both, but I wouldn't allow him to sit there with the baby. He's heavy after a little while and I didn't want him laying on the baby at all. When I took the baby to change his diaper, and before I could put the baby back in the chair, Cooper was sleeping in it.


So you see? These stories are just a quick collection of some of his silliness. If all the stories weren't of Cooper trying to be closer to one of the babies, people would see these pictures and think I'm pretending he's a child.

Nope... I don't think Cooper is a child. I'm fairly convinced he may think he is though.

No comments:

Post a Comment