Welcom to our Blog!

Welcome to our Blog!
We're so happy to share our smiles and wags with you! Click here to 'Join This Site' . Become a member with other "Friends Of Cooper" in following his stories. Share us with your friends! We'll be happy to share our adventures and memories with ALL of you!
Check out the Blog Archives to read about our cross country motorcycle road trip from MA to CA in the summer of 2011. During that trip we attended the Annual 2011 National Women On Wheels® Ride-In in San Jose CA. Then we just rode. We traveled over 11,000 motorcycle miles in what ever direction we wanted to go for 61 days. We visited friends and family, saw the country, met some amazing people. We made memories we'll never forget. These memories are what THIS BLOG is made of! That was only the beginning. We've been traveling and riding and blogging every since then. Enjoy our stories while we make MORE memories worthy of posting here for your enjoyment.


Saturday, March 12, 2011

Life With Cooper Is FULL of SMILES




Every time I take Cooper on the motorcycle with me people look. They smile at me and point at him. Lots of pictures get taken from cell phone cameras. We probably get our picture taken almost every time we're out. Sometimes when we're on the highway a car will pass us then slow down to let me catch up. I think they can't believe what they saw so they need to take another look. Sometimes kids are in the car and you see them bouncing around all excited and pointing. I think maybe the parents don't believe them when they say they saw a dog on the bike.

On the highway it could be easy to miss him because when we ride speeds over 40 mph, Cooper will lie down on the seat behind me and close his eyes. The wind is too much for him, so he just hunkers down for the duration. He will lay there pretending to sleep. Maybe he actually does sleep sometimes. He won't wear goggles, so his eyes aren't protected. It's a good thing he does close his eyes when we're going fast. I can't imagine the damage to his eyes if he stayed alert for the whole ride.

So the passing attention is fine when we're on the move. People take a lot of pictures when ever they see us. I don't mind that. I actually wish I could see some of the pictures. I'm sure there are tons of great ones out there that I would love to use in this blog.

We have a problem sometimes when we stop somewhere. I love to make people smile and so does Cooper.  But when we're on our way somewhere and become surrounded by curious people who want to know more about Cooper. I have a difficult time telling people I can't talk any longer. I have so many great stories to tell and they want to know more. It's a good thing Cooper knows how to wave good-bye. Folks think it's so cute to see him wave like that, so they wave back and I can make my break.

I love to tell Cooper's stories. If I was bored one day and wanted to talk to strangers all day, I could. I would simply take Cooper with me on a ride to a busy parking lot. A crowd would form around me within 10 minutes and I would have people to talk to about Cooper all day long. It feels great to see so many people smile in such a small area. Every time we're out, everywhere we go, any time of the day we get to make people smile and laugh and clap their hands.

Cooper plays his part well. You can tell he really enjoys himself. He will do tricks with enthusiasm for people's reactions. Treats are nice too, but most frequently we don't have anything for a treat so he does it for the applause. He will let people hold him, but would rather sit at their feet. Kids love to pat him. So does everyone else but the parents bring the children forward first. He eats it up. He knows how to perform, so he doesn't need to be told what to do to get attention.

Cooper also knows what a camera is. He will see a camera come out and he assumes what ever place someone gives him to pose in. He usually looks right into the camera until he's told he can move. In a lot of the pictures he looks like he's smiling. Such a happy looking boy.

Living life with Cooper isn't dull. He entertains me if we're alone. He entertains the cats if the humans don't want to play. He is becoming acquainted with a pet bird now who is getting close enough to land on him. Cooper is really learning to trust this crazy bird. It won't be long before he's giving birdy piggy-back rides.  Life is fun for Cooper, therefore it is also fun for those close to him. I think I may be the luckiest one here. I don't even have to try. Cooper is such a natural that I can just let him drive while I enjoy the ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment