Welcom to our Blog!

Welcome to our Blog!
We're so happy to share our smiles and wags with you! Click here to 'Join This Site' . Become a member with other "Friends Of Cooper" in following his stories. Share us with your friends! We'll be happy to share our adventures and memories with ALL of you!
Check out the Blog Archives to read about our cross country motorcycle road trip from MA to CA in the summer of 2011. During that trip we attended the Annual 2011 National Women On Wheels® Ride-In in San Jose CA. Then we just rode. We traveled over 11,000 motorcycle miles in what ever direction we wanted to go for 61 days. We visited friends and family, saw the country, met some amazing people. We made memories we'll never forget. These memories are what THIS BLOG is made of! That was only the beginning. We've been traveling and riding and blogging every since then. Enjoy our stories while we make MORE memories worthy of posting here for your enjoyment.


Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Tape, Band-Aids and Bubble Wrap

Pictures to come.  

Cooper is a funny little guy.  There are few things that really excite him to send him into 'over-the-top' excitement.  This is one thing that does just that.

As you know, I cut Cooper's hair myself. Some of his haircut is done while Cooper relaxes across my lap.  As you can imagine, hair gets on me, my clothes and the couch.  So when I'm done, I'll use a lint roller to clean up the hair.  

The first time I used a lint roller was when I discovered that Cooper has a funny reaction to sticky things.  He hears the sticky cling sound and it causes him to chase the roller.  When I tear off a layer from the roller, I give it to him.  He tries to curl his lips back to keep them off the sticky surface, and he tries to take the tape from me with just his front teeth.  If the sticky part touches his lips or the hair on his lips, he sneezes and shakes his head, then tries again.  This will go on for a long time if you're willing to play.

One time I put the roller sheet on the floor, sticky side up.  When Cooper touched it, it stuck to his nose.  He used his paw to get it off, so it stuck to his paw.  He shook his paw, then he used his mouth again to get it off and it stuck to his nose again!  He shook his head and it went flying off and landed on the floor.  He ran to face it, barking as if to say, 'I showed you! SO THERE!'.   This was so funny to see!  It all happened in about eight seconds.  It was the funniest chain of events in eight seconds I have ever seen with Cooper.  

In staying with the same sticky subject, can you imagine Cooper's reaction when he watched me the first time I put a band-aid on?  He watched me with curiosity as I opened the band-aid.  There was no big deal there.  However, as soon as I pulled the backing off to uncover the sticky part of the band-aid, Cooper seemed determined to protect me from this sticky item.  I was successful in applying the band-aid to my finger. I was able to convince him he shouldn't try to remove it, UNLESS i tried to touch him with that finger.  He would roll his lips back to try to delicately get his front teeth on the band-aid so he could pull it off my finger.  He would remember the band-aid was there for the whole time I needed to wear it.  I still can't have a band-aid on without him calling my attention to it.  Sometimes it's fun to get him going. He understands that this is only play now.  He's really funny about it still.  Some things never get old.  Oh, and by the way, sticky labels, stickers, price tags, etc., evoke the same reaction from Cooper.

Bubble wrap is fun in a different kind of way.  Weather it's the style of bubble wrap where there are tiny bubbles or the ones that are big, as soon as you pop one, Cooper goes CRAZY!  He jumps and barks and tries to grab the bubble wrap from you.  If he gets it, he shakes it more vigorously than anything else that deserves to be shaken.  He tears at it and spits out tiny pieces of it until it's completely shredded and no pop-able bubbles remain.  He seems to really have it in for anything that makes the popping sound.  This includes bags if you trap a bubble and pop it.  He knows what you're doing if you trap a bubble.  As soon as he's sure that's your intention, he starts to bark and jump for the bag.

So there is a little insight into the lunatic side of Cooper.  I'm not sure if other dogs have similar reactions to these things.  I would love to hear stories of other dogs reactions to things like this.  Please feel free to leave short comments or email a story to me.  Maybe I can post your story as a guest blog entry.

No comments:

Post a Comment