Welcom to our Blog!

Welcome to our Blog!
We're so happy to share our smiles and wags with you! Click here to 'Join This Site' . Become a member with other "Friends Of Cooper" in following his stories. Share us with your friends! We'll be happy to share our adventures and memories with ALL of you!
Check out the Blog Archives to read about our cross country motorcycle road trip from MA to CA in the summer of 2011. During that trip we attended the Annual 2011 National Women On Wheels® Ride-In in San Jose CA. Then we just rode. We traveled over 11,000 motorcycle miles in what ever direction we wanted to go for 61 days. We visited friends and family, saw the country, met some amazing people. We made memories we'll never forget. These memories are what THIS BLOG is made of! That was only the beginning. We've been traveling and riding and blogging every since then. Enjoy our stories while we make MORE memories worthy of posting here for your enjoyment.


Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Last Day In Maine (Sunday)

On Sunday we slept late.  At some point while I was sleeping Cooper had eaten some of the eggs Lisa cooked for him Saturday night.  I was glad to see he finally ate something.

I gave him a big breakfast with chicken and warm water mixed into his food.  I put the bowl on the back porch so he could eat without the cats or Buffy looking at him.  He isn't used to competing for his meals so I didn't want to chance anything throwing him off.  He ate all his food!  I was so glad to see him eat!  He actually had a big drink too after he ate.  What a relief.  


A while later, we were playing with Buffy and Cooper when I looked up and saw some BEAUTIFUL horses pulling wagons going by in front of Lisa's house.  I showed Cooper.  He and Buffy barked a lot.  I took pictures of them from the door, but what I REALLY wanted to do was go out and see close up.   They were so beautiful.  


A little while later we went to breakfast with Paula.  YUMMY!  I got to try something I had never had before.  For the life of me can't remember what it was called.  It was so good.  Cooper laid in his own chair in the restaurant while we ate.  When we got outside I gave him some of my omelet.  He enjoyed it as usual but didn't eat it all so we gave the rest of Buffy when we got back to the house.


Lisa was in her glory. I would rather not drive when I don't know the way, so she got to drive my Smart Car. It's fun to drive.

Lisa wanted to show me a really awesome pet store called Sooper Dogs.  It was a GREAT place to go!  I found the PERFECT riding harness for Cooper.  His old one was good, but this one is so  much more protective. It doesn't pull under his arm pits if he's lifted or dangles from the harness. It covers more of his back to protect him if we have a 'problem' during our motorcycle travels.  The harness was was expensive, but I'm sure it will be much better than the one I have now.  I can't wait to try it out.  


Cooper and Buffy got to meet a beagle while we were in the store too, and he got a new collar.  I spent money in there that I didn't plan to spend, but who could pass it up?!  AND I got a 10% discount because it was my first time in the store.  Bonus!


We went back to Lisa's house for our good-byes and a few more pictures of ourselves and Cooper and Buffy.  We had such a good time this weekend.  I wished we could stay a few extra days, but I think Cooper really missed Jesse a lot.  I did too.  I couldn't wait to get home to see him.  We hugged one last time.  Lisa took pictures of us as we left.



An hour of so after I got home, Lisa sent me a very excited text.  She and Buffy went for a ride on Lisa's motorcycle.  This was Buffy's FIRST RIDE!  They went to get gas then to Paula's house where Paula took their picture.  Buffy did GREAT!  I'm so glad!  I only wish Cooper and I could have been there to see it.  


Now we have to go back to go for a ride together!  That will be so much fun!

Oh, by the way, my bike is finally home and ready to ride.  When I was trying to get Cooper to go in the house, I came around the corner headed toward the house and look where I found Cooper.

4 comments:

  1. We all had a great weekend. I cant remember the last time I enjoyed every minute of the entire weekend and Buffy's ride was the icing on the cake. We went around the block again yesterday and she wasnt happy about being secured in but once we were rolling she was smiling.

    What you had was a Blintz at Skippers. They are to die for!

    Hugs and you are all welcome anytime, bring Jessie, he can paint my front door!

    Hugs,
    Lisa & Buffy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah Yes! A Blintz... Yummy!
    We had a great time too. Jesse would like to come next time. He watched my video of Buffy's tricks and thinks she's really cute. He was really happy for the socialization Cooper got.
    Thanks again to my wonderful hostesses... Lisa and Buffy (and Lucy and Harley too)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too cute!!! What an awesome, exciting post! So glad he ate, got cool gear at the store and is ready for you on your bike - sweet!!! Cooper TV sounds sweet, too. . .he'd make a great show host!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Christina. Lets get Cooper's children's books under way before we talk about his won TV show, shall we?

    ReplyDelete