Welcom to our Blog!

Welcome to our Blog!
We're so happy to share our smiles and wags with you! Click here to 'Join This Site' . Become a member with other "Friends Of Cooper" in following his stories. Share us with your friends! We'll be happy to share our adventures and memories with ALL of you!
Check out the Blog Archives to read about our cross country motorcycle road trip from MA to CA in the summer of 2011. During that trip we attended the Annual 2011 National Women On Wheels® Ride-In in San Jose CA. Then we just rode. We traveled over 11,000 motorcycle miles in what ever direction we wanted to go for 61 days. We visited friends and family, saw the country, met some amazing people. We made memories we'll never forget. These memories are what THIS BLOG is made of! That was only the beginning. We've been traveling and riding and blogging every since then. Enjoy our stories while we make MORE memories worthy of posting here for your enjoyment.


Tuesday, May 31, 2011

A Shower & A New Blue-Doo

Cooper got into something black that smudged across his chest.  I don't know where he got it but it looked like motor oil or something.  He needed a shower BADLY.  His hair had faded to a light color of purple, headed for the pink shades, so I decided to color his hair too since I would be showering him.  

Light purple, almost pink hair for a boy?
Some people picture his hair coloring as an episode of torture every time I create his Blue-Doo again.  This time I took pictures of the whole process to ease people's concerns that maybe he hates this process.  You can see that the half hour he has to lay there for the color to set, he SLEEPS.  It's hard to know if I get all his hair because his head is limp and hanging from my lap.  I can't pick his head up because my gloves are all blue and I don't want to get the blue all over the rest of his face.  It usually is a little uneven unless someone else is there to help me get his head up so I can see.









I couldn't get pictures of the rinse because I need both hands.  I sit in the shower with Cooper on his back across my legs with his back feet in my armpit to stabilize him from rolling while one of my hands is washing his hair and the other hand is manning the hand-held sprayer.  We rinse until the blue stops coming out, then we shampoo and get even MORE blue out.  This is when I wish I had another set of hands.  I'm glad he helps by stabilizing himself with his feet in my armpit.  It's weird, but he pushes with his feet so he won't roll off my lap.  VERY HELPFUL.  










Once the blue stops running out I can let him stand in the shower without fear of making blue streaks down his face.  At this time I shower the rest of him.  I got a video of his shower.  (he's not modest,  you can look)  He's not thrilled with his face being rinsed, but the rest of it can be entertaining.  He watches the bubbles run down the drain. 







2 comments: