Welcom to our Blog!

Welcome to our Blog!
We're so happy to share our smiles and wags with you! Click here to 'Join This Site' . Become a member with other "Friends Of Cooper" in following his stories. Share us with your friends! We'll be happy to share our adventures and memories with ALL of you!
Check out the Blog Archives to read about our cross country motorcycle road trip from MA to CA in the summer of 2011. During that trip we attended the Annual 2011 National Women On Wheels® Ride-In in San Jose CA. Then we just rode. We traveled over 11,000 motorcycle miles in what ever direction we wanted to go for 61 days. We visited friends and family, saw the country, met some amazing people. We made memories we'll never forget. These memories are what THIS BLOG is made of! That was only the beginning. We've been traveling and riding and blogging every since then. Enjoy our stories while we make MORE memories worthy of posting here for your enjoyment.


Sunday, May 8, 2011

On our way to Maine (Friday)

Cooper watched me Friday morning while I packed my car.  He waited eagerly for 'the word'.  He was expecting to be told to get in the car. Unfortunately I had to go to work first.  Cooper would be driven by my brother David to a meeting place when I get out of work at 1:30 but he didn't know that.  So poor confused Cooper watched me leave with all of my items AND HIS that we packed on Thursday night.  He went upstairs so Jesse could leave for work too.  The confusion this must have caused him...


With all the activity for packing that was so familiar to him, then to be left home with my brother just like any other day didn't make any sense.

Not too long after we left for work, David also left for work leaving Cooper home alone with the cats.  At about 1:00 David came back to bring Cooper to me.  At this point things began to make sense to Cooper.  We ran our errands.  Cooper was incredibly clingy.  Then we got on the road.  Cooper was happy to have just me and him in the car.  No stress.  We were just driving.  He had no idea of the destination, he was just glad that something was starting to make sense.


When we arrived in Maine, Cooper finally met Buffy!  They were so cute together!  They seemed to have a very natural acceptance of each other.  He got out of the car where Buffy waited.  They sniffed, circled and greeted each other.  They were so cute.  Buffy's neighber-dog named Ginger came out to meet Cooper too.  They were all about the same size, Cooper being just a little taller than the girls.  

Shortly after that we met a couple other friends for dinner.  Cooper got his own chair to lay in at the restaurant while we ate.  He actually fell so sound asleep with his head against my lap, that his feet were twitching and he was dreaming.  Traveling is exhausting for Cooper.  He was perfectly well behaved as usual.  I gave him some bacon when we got outside as I usually do.  He always gets a tidbit from what ever I ordered.


When we got back to Lisa's house, we went for a walk so the dogs could do their BUSINESS.  We stayed up till about 1 AM.  When Cooper and I went to bed, he slept with me the whole night.  He didn't want to go to his travel crate.  This isn't unusual when he feels clingy.  I allow him to be clingy as long as he's not keeping me awake all night.  He was ok most of the night.  


We had such a great day!

2 comments:

  1. Yes it was. All except where Cooper didn't feel well. Oh, and my headache.

    ReplyDelete