Welcom to our Blog!

Welcome to our Blog!
We're so happy to share our smiles and wags with you! Click here to 'Join This Site' . Become a member with other "Friends Of Cooper" in following his stories. Share us with your friends! We'll be happy to share our adventures and memories with ALL of you!
Check out the Blog Archives to read about our cross country motorcycle road trip from MA to CA in the summer of 2011. During that trip we attended the Annual 2011 National Women On Wheels® Ride-In in San Jose CA. Then we just rode. We traveled over 11,000 motorcycle miles in what ever direction we wanted to go for 61 days. We visited friends and family, saw the country, met some amazing people. We made memories we'll never forget. These memories are what THIS BLOG is made of! That was only the beginning. We've been traveling and riding and blogging every since then. Enjoy our stories while we make MORE memories worthy of posting here for your enjoyment.


Monday, May 16, 2011

Where It All Began. A Guest Blog From Cris Baldwin


Two of the great things about being the president of Women On Wheels® (besides the obvious one of riding a motorcycle everywhere you go), are the people you meet and the array of messages that find their way to you either by voice mail or email.  One never knows what to expect.

On January 5, 2011, I retrieved the following from my inbox from Becky Blanton:

"Hi!

I'm an associate editor at Airstream Life Magazine, but I also write for other outdoor and camping magazines. I have an upcoming article for Dog Fancy Magazine and am trying to find a "nomadic" woman who travels with her dog(s), or likes to camp, outdoor life with her dog. The woman I know who I was going to interview is out of the country and I can't reach her. If you have anyone who might be interested, please let me know. Any age, just loves the outdoors, and preferably takes her dog/motorcycle when she travels.

I recently did an article on Sisters On the Fly for Airstream Life, and another coming out in Trailer Life in March.

This would be for an interview this month (ASAP) for publication in March. I'm happy to mention the organization in the article.

Can you help me?"

Could I help?!

I met Cooper in Vermont at last summer's 24th International Women On Wheels® Ride-In.  And while Cooper immediately came to mind, I had not written down Paula's last name, so I did not have any way to contact her.  Then I remembered Facebook®.

I posted a note.   In less than five minutes I had Paula's name and a phone number to contact her.  I called Paula immediately.  Cooper became my first (and only) Facebook canine "friend."

As the Board of Trustees liaison to our Public Relations Committee, I am always searching for ways to promote WOW in new ways.  While I never envisioned the mention of WOW in a magazine for dog lovers, I am very grateful to Paula and Cooper for sharing their story and I look forward to hearing more about their travels together, both on this blog and in person, whenever our paths cross again.

No comments:

Post a Comment