Welcom to our Blog!

Welcome to our Blog!
We're so happy to share our smiles and wags with you! Click here to 'Join This Site' . Become a member with other "Friends Of Cooper" in following his stories. Share us with your friends! We'll be happy to share our adventures and memories with ALL of you!
Check out the Blog Archives to read about our cross country motorcycle road trip from MA to CA in the summer of 2011. During that trip we attended the Annual 2011 National Women On Wheels® Ride-In in San Jose CA. Then we just rode. We traveled over 11,000 motorcycle miles in what ever direction we wanted to go for 61 days. We visited friends and family, saw the country, met some amazing people. We made memories we'll never forget. These memories are what THIS BLOG is made of! That was only the beginning. We've been traveling and riding and blogging every since then. Enjoy our stories while we make MORE memories worthy of posting here for your enjoyment.


Saturday, May 7, 2011

Packing For Our Trip To MAINE (Thursday)

After work on Thursday Cooper and I came home to get ready to go to Maine on Friday.  Cooper is going to meet his friend Buffy (mentioned in the 5/4/11 blog post) a poodle who is learning how to ride a motorcycle.  This fun new adventure is inspired by Cooper and his love for two-wheel-travel.



Cooper has traveled enough that he understands what it means when suit cases are packed.  He watched my every move as I put things in my suit case.  I left the room to gather items I would need for the weekend.  When I returned, I found Cooper IN my suit case looking at me with a very stressed look on his face.  He loves to travel but stresses about it until we get under way.

I finished packing my  items and put everything by the door.  I got Cooper's travel bag from the closet to put his food in it and put that by the door also.  Cooper had to investigate the growing pile.  When he was satisfied with the inventory we would be taking, and confirmed that his things were packed too, he started following me and Jesse around to try to figure out what was next.



When we were done for the day and getting into bed, Cooper snuggled with Jesse for a while.  Jesse could feel Cooper trembling.  He was so nervous and worried about what  was going to happen and when.  I can't explain the plan to him, so he remains confused until he figures it out on his own.  

He was happy to go to bed.  At least he knew what to expect for the rest of the night.  Routine is important to Cooper.  He stresses out A LOT when he has to go with the flow.  He gets so nervous.  I feel bad for him.  I wish I could just explain to him that he's about to have one of the most FUN FILLED weekends he may ever remember.  

He has never gotten to stay at a house where another dog lives.  He hasn't curled up with another dog to nap since he was with his brothers and sisters when he was a tiny puppy.  This weekend will be HUGE for Cooper, and more exciting for him than he may ever have experienced before in dog socialization.  I'm excited for Cooper.  I just with I could tell him what we're going to do this weekend so he will be able to look forward to it rather than worry about it until we get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment