Welcom to our Blog!

Welcome to our Blog!
We're so happy to share our smiles and wags with you! Click here to 'Join This Site' . Become a member with other "Friends Of Cooper" in following his stories. Share us with your friends! We'll be happy to share our adventures and memories with ALL of you!
Check out the Blog Archives to read about our cross country motorcycle road trip from MA to CA in the summer of 2011. During that trip we attended the Annual 2011 National Women On Wheels® Ride-In in San Jose CA. Then we just rode. We traveled over 11,000 motorcycle miles in what ever direction we wanted to go for 61 days. We visited friends and family, saw the country, met some amazing people. We made memories we'll never forget. These memories are what THIS BLOG is made of! That was only the beginning. We've been traveling and riding and blogging every since then. Enjoy our stories while we make MORE memories worthy of posting here for your enjoyment.


Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Winning LOTS Of Raffle Prizes!

Usually when we do a benefit ride there will be some sort of auction or raffle.  My favorite is a chinese auction.  This is where there is a big table with items on it that will be given away.  Each item is numbered and has a small box next to it with the same number on it.  You buy tickets and place them into any boxes corresponding with the items you would like to try to win.  

I almost always win some stuff.  There have been days that I have wondered how I would get all my winnings on my bike to bring them home.  I've always been able to manage so far.  I'm glad I have a big bike.  Since Cooper is always on my back seat, I have to fit everything either in or on my trunk. 

So far I've won things like gift certificates, hats, sunglasses, note cards, helmets, tool bags, bike wash and detailing kits, a cool looking toilet seat, a back yard sprinkler shower, shirts, travel mugs, blankets, games, a sham wow, Dunkin' Donuts gift cards, a Starbucks basket, pounds of coffee from either of the two previous stores, and MORE that I can't remember as of now.


Here's the toilet seat I won.
Like it?
I think I like to win gift certificates most because it's a direct money turn around, but I have to say... I really do like the items I've won.  My toilet seat is quite a conversational piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment